Decibel Insight’s role-based access control allows you to specify roles for specific user groups. Multiple roles can be defined for different types of users of your account.
Roles can be access by going to Settings > Roles from the left-hand menu.
Roles can be very easily created by clicking the Add Role button, where you will be presented with the following menu. You will be required to add the name of the Role that you want to create along with assigning the various permissions that this group will be permitted. You can also specify which properties this Role will be able to have access to. Once happy, click Save Role.
Please note: It is not necessary to create an Administrator role as this is always present when adding a user.
The Administrator role provides access to administration functionality including the creation and configuration of properties and user accounts.
Users can be assigned the following permissions:
- Administrator - Full access to all properties and permissions on the account. Only administrators can add/edit properties, including masking and unmasking configuration, and add/edit users and access.
- Property Settings - Gives the user access to the Property Settings for the properties that they have permission to view. Please note: This refers to the Property Settings sub-menu of Settings. You cannot configure properties, masking, unmasking etc.
- Sessions - Allows the user access to see all Session Replays for the selected property. Please note: If masking/unmasking has been applied then this will apply also for users only with the Sessions permission (i.e. if you decide to mask a particular selector or unmask a particular field, these will be masked/unmasked for Session Replays viewed by this user, and all users in the account. However, unless they have administrator access, they cannot edit the masking/unmasking configuration).
- Heatmaps - Allows the user permission to view Heatmaps for the selected property.
- Forms - Allows the user permission to view all Forms and form data for the selected property.
- Segments - Gives the user permission to view, edit and create Segments for the selected property.
- Funnels - Allows the user permission to view, edit and create Funnels for the selected property.
- Alerts - Allows the user permission to view, edit and create Alerts for the selected property.
- Support - Allows the user access to the Support area of the app, where they can view, raise and reply to support tickets.
- Subscription - Allows the user access to the Subscription page, where they can view details of the account subscription and Data Credit Utilisation.
- Integrations - Allows the user access to the Integration Settings section of the app, where they can configure Integrations for the selected property.
- Reports - Allows the user access to the Reports section of the app.
- Archives - Allows the user access to the Archives section of the app.
- Properties - Allows you to select which properties users are allowed their selected permissions for.
You can very easily assign roles when creating or editing users. In the Users options, you can simply select the Role drop-down, where your created Roles will appear, along with Administrator and Custom, which refers to a Custom set of permissions for a particular user.
Roles can be edited at any time by clicking the Edit icon next to the relevant role. You will be presented with the same menu that is displayed when creating a role. Once happy, click Save Role.
Please note: Updating a Role that users belong to will also update the permissions of those users.
You can delete Roles at any time by simply clicking the Delete icon next to the relevant Role.
Please note: You will not be able to delete a Role if there are users who have that particular Role assigned to them. You will need to update the users and assign them another Role.