For those seeking to integrate Decibel with Qualtrics, there are several approaches that may be taken including one-way and two-way integration strategies. This article will guide you through the different configurations which may be applied. Please note that integrations which require professional services from Qualtrics may be charged.
- Access session replays directly from responses within Qualtrics.
- Segment in Decibel by Qualtrics survey responses.
- Add replay links to Qualtrics Slack Task notifications.
Access Session Replays From Qualtrics
The Decibel Session ID should be stored alongside a Qualtrics Survey using the embedded data functionality provided by Qualtrics.
Within Qualtrics, on any Action, click "Options" then "Embedded Data"
Click Add Embedded Data.
Enter a name of the Embedded Data value, in the below example we have used DI_SID, however you can choose the name of this.
if(typeof decibelInsight === 'function' && decibelInsight.isCollecting())decibelInsight.getSessionId()
Segment in Decibel by Qualtrics survey responses
You will need to ensure that you have followed the above steps including editing your survey flow in Qualtrics and configuring the Embedded Data for the survey.
A Decibel user with administrator privileges will also be required to create a Custom Dimension for the desired values to be passed.
Now, in Qualtrics, edit the Survey Flow.
Add a Web Service Element. You will need to ensure that you also have an Embedded Data Element at the start of your flow.
Edit the Web Service Element as follows:
- You will need to enter a URL such as the below. However, please note that the API domain will be unique for each client, in which case you will need to reach out to your Solutions Engineer for the precise URL.
- Set the Method to POST
- Add a Query Parameter called ‘id’ and set the value as the DI_SID from your Embedded Data.
- Set the Body Parameters to ‘application/json’
- Add any Custom Dimensions you created in Decibel and set the values from the survey responses, as required.
Lastly, check the box that says Fire and Forget.
Your completed Web Service Element should look as follows:
Save your Flow.
Add Replay Links to Qualtrics Slack Task Notifications
For those clients who make use of the Qualtrics Slack Task integration, you may add a link to the Decibel replay in your notifications by editing the Task and adding the DI_SID embedded data, that we added in the earlier section, as Piped Text in the message, as shown below, with [SessionID] replaced by the relevant Decibel Session ID which is passed as part of DI_SID.
Additional resources can be found here: