Alerts can simply be created by clicking the Add Alert button. From here, you will be presented with the above menu. You can give the alert a name before selecting the criteria (see below) and then select Threshold or Deviation. Threshold refers to a defined value, while deviation refers to if the average level of a metric changes by a specified amount compared to previous averages.
For example, if you wanted to create an alert that triggered if the bounce rate went above 50%, you would select Bounce Rate from the criteria, Threshold, Is more than and then set the trigger level to 50%, as shown in the image above.
If you wanted to look at if your bounce rate jumped 10% higher than usual, you would select Deviation instead of Threshold.
Once happy with your alert, you can simply click Add Alert. You will now receive an email each day that this alert is triggered.
Alerts can be set up for the following criteria:
- Bounce rate - The percentage of users defined as bouncing from the property.
- Average page count - The average number of pages viewed in a session.
- Average goal count - The average number of goals achieved in a session.
- Average goal value - The average goal value achieved in a session.
- Average time on site - The average time a user spends on the website in a session.
- Average focus time - The average time a user spends with the website in focus during a session.
- Average wait time - The average wait time users encounter when using the website.